Monday, December 20, 2010

eye spy christmas ornament!

Remember those clear balls that just beg to have something inside ? But the hole on top is tiny?
My friend found something! She made and eye spy ornament. Isn't it brilliant?

And hard to photograph! :}

I love it.

And for some more inspiration, go to Montessori Beginnings and her take on needle felted friends inside.

It's finally my turn to be under the weather. So what to do with the kids who are finally on the other side of it and have some energy back? A nice load of playdoh scented and coloured with jello.
yep, they are having a blast while I'm lying down. good move mama.
here is our recipe..

Playdoh

2.5 cups of flour
.5 cup salt
2 tsp cream of tartar
3 tblsp oil
2 cups boiling water
1 pkg of jello (your choice of flavour)

Mix flour, salt and cream of tartar.
Mix water, oil and jello and add to dry. ( i don't add all of the liquid. And I usually have to add more flour. SO, I should adjust the liquid amount, but that's to much for my brain. i just measure what it says and not add it all. Math wasn't my strong point in school)
Knead to desired consistency and store in a ziplock or plastic container.

Enjoy.

Off to have a snooze,
Amanda

3 comments:

Montessori Beginnings said...

Awesome!! Now my brain is reeling with eye spy ideas!! You could fill the whole thing up and have say five little objects to try and find. Of course it wouldn't spend much time on the tree!!
Thanks for the mention and sorry to hear you are under the weather. Hopefully it will pass quickly so you can fully enjoy Christmas.
(Okay must restrain myself from running and getting the left over ornaments and filling them!!)

Sue Niven said...

very nice indeed.

Heather at Mad Rose Creations said...

what a very clever idea indeed. i'm so sorry that you are feeling a bit of the ick right now. hopefully it will pas quickly. and what a brilliant idea on the playdoh to keep the wee ones occupied.

get well soon
cheers!