Sunday, July 25, 2010

handkerchief clothes... oh, and a winner!

First up, the winner of my gnome playset is......
I did it the old fashioned way and asked Rafael to pick a number between 1-30. He chose 16.
Maureen from Twig and Toadstool! Congrats Maureen. I hope it will be welcomed by all the lovely friends that you make. You must go visit her and Shanti's website. Awesome stuff. drool Oh, she has a giveaway at present too! (but don't enter, I wanna win!)

I had a great chunk of time sewing last night and I was on a roll....


handkerchief shorts. or bandana shorts. here's a great tutorial from
Blue Yonder

I was choosing regular bandanas and he spied the camoflauge in the pile. Cool beans. I like them, so does he. And he's finally gotten something homemade from mama. I'm definitely going to make PJs this fall. it is sooooo easy.



Next up was a pair for my godson who will be turning 1 next month. I may have made the waist too small to get over a diaper, but luck would have it, I have another kerchief to make a bigger one. Love the tag.


At the last minute, I decided to whip up this skirt.dress.shirt thing for Missy Moo. It really is too thin. She wants it as a dress, so straps will be added and a pair of shorts from jersey knit will be made. I use my serger on the inside. Love it! Thanks DH for the great christmas present.


Not much of a model these days, here she is running from me whilst trying to take a picture.


Thanks for looking!
Congrats Maureen. (Yes M, the leaf is my design) If you didn't win, don't worry, I have another opportunity or 2 to own something from By Hook & Thread this week.

cheers,
Amanda

1 comment:

momma rae said...

congrats maureen! i do say, that gal is on a winning streak. ;)